The International Day of Peace, also officially known as World Peace Day, is a United Nations-sanctioned holiday observed annually on 21 September. It is dedicated to world peace, and specifically the absence of war and violence, such as might be occasioned by a temporary ceasefire in a combat zone for humanitarian aid access. The day was first celebrated in 1981 and is kept by many nations, political groups, military groups, and people.
There is a different word in different countries of the world, but that word is an essential need for all citizens of the planet. PEACE – such a short word, but so very significant.
- PEACE is not only a goal to which we strive, but a means by which we reach that goal.
- PEACE cannot be maintained by force. It is achieved only by understanding.
- PEACE is not the absence of conflicts. It is the ability to resolve conflicts by peaceful means.
- PEACE in the world can be achieved when the power of love overcomes the love for Just as there is no true PEACE without love, so there is no true love without PEACE.
- Each of us has what it takes to create PEACE on earth. We all know how to love, we just need to use that knowledge in all aspects of life.
Many thinkers, statesmen, and other great world figures have given us not only these, but also many other lovely thoughts about PEACE.
But PEACE is more than just a collection of such ideas.
Simply put, PEACE IS EVERYTHING.
May the dove of PEACE fly for all children and all PEACE-loving people in our country and in the world.
We are wishing you a Happy World Day of Peace!